REACH Summer ELA Teacher
Why teach for REACH this summer?
Come be a part of a passionate team of educators working to help change students’ and families’ lives! REACH, through a transformative middle school program, empowers high-achieving young men from underserved communities as Catholic leaders committed to faith, scholarship, and service. A summer and Saturday access program run through Regis High School, REACH serves students whose families demonstrate significant financial need. REACH currently serves 147 students from the 6th to 8th grade, with the ultimate aim of placing each student in a Catholic high school with a scholarship or financial aid. In keeping with the 450-year old Jesuit educational tradition that honors cura personalis, REACH serves its students and alumni by caring for their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and social development.
What positions are open?
For this summer, we are currently seeking rising 6th, 7th, and 8th grade ELA teachers,. Each course has two sections with class sizes ranging from 10-25 students. A curriculum with resources is provided along with a TA.
What are the details?
- Faculty and staff receive a stipend of $6,000 for the summer, with bonuses for experience.
- The 2022 Summer Session runs from July 6th to August 18th. Rising 7th-9th grade students and faculty go to the University of Scranton from July 6th- 27th and have three weeks of class at Regis High School from July 31st-August 18th. Rising 6th grade students are at Regis all six weeks.
- For the 7th thru 9th grade positions, faculty are provided with comfortable housing in university apartments at the University of Scranton and three meals per day in the university dining hall; faculty are asked to remain on campus for one of the three Scranton weekends.
- For the 6th grade positions, faculty members are expected to work at Regis High School from 8:50 am-4:30 pm and to assist with one weekend field trip.
- Preferred qualifications include an academic degree in your field of teaching interest, experience teaching at the middle school or high school level, and a demonstrated commitment to the REACH mission.
How do I apply?
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to the Director of REACH, Mr. Doug Eickman (firstname.lastname@example.org"
). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
The school expects one to conduct oneself at all times in a manner that shall not bring reproach upon oneself or the school.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as the organization’s needs evolve.
Regis fosters an inclusive environment where we recruit and retain highly talented staff with differing abilities and who maintain a belief in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a school. Regis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.