English Teacher (Leave Replacement)
Regis High School is a Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school for approximately 530 academically gifted and talented young men. Located in New York City and founded in 1914, Regis is the only Jesuit, full-scholarship high school in the country. Regis is committed to both academic excellence and fostering a spirit of generosity and service to those in need. Regis seeks to inspire and educate the ethnically diverse young men in its care to become imaginative Catholic leaders committed to promoting justice and exerting leadership in the Church, in their civic community, and in their future chosen profession.
Regis seeks a qualified candidate as a leave replacement English teacher. This is a part-time faculty position lasting for the period of January 15, 2019 to May 3, 2019. The position entails following a structured curriculum with two class preparations (Juniors and Freshmen) and supervising the writing instruction of approximately 50 students.
- B.A. with a major or minor in English or Literature
- Experience and/or interest in secondary education
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Specifically, the Faculty Member:
- M.A. in English or Literature
- Successful teaching experience (high school or higher education)
- Professional writing experience
- Familiarity and interest in pedagogical practices
- supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school;
- works in collaboration with administrators in observing the principles and ideals for which Regis High School stands and should conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner which shall not bring reproach upon himself/herself;
- devotes energies to teaching in conformity with the policies of Regis High School and is subject at all times to the general control and supervision of the Principal;
- will perform services that include the preparation of lessons and the assignment and correction of papers;
- is expected to give personal attention to students, collaborate effectively with department colleagues, and participate in other such professional incidental services, in the judgment of the Principal, the needs of the school require;
- will be generally available to the students in his/her assigned department resource room between class meetings; further, is to keep one hour (from 3:00 to 4:00) of after school availability weekly, according to a schedule subject to the approval of the Principal.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of pedagogy, and a list of three references by email to Ms. Silvia Gerber, Secretary to the Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials should be received no later than December 1, 2018. Qualified applicants, when all their required documents are submitted, will be contacted regarding next steps. Regis is an equal opportunity employer.
Regis is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)