Pit Orchestra and Jazz Band Director
Regis seeks a qualified candidate for a stipend position as a pit orchestra and jazz band director beginning September 1, 2022, who will report directly to the Arts Department Chair. Work hours may vary and will include some evenings and weekends closer to the performance dates in December 2022 and May 2023.
- Experience working with adolescents
- Proficiency with multiple musical instruments
- Must have received the Covid-19 vaccination
- Successful experience in musicals and conducting an orchestra in a school setting
- Work with producer, director, and vocal director to select a musical for students
- Audition students and organize a pit band for a high school musical
- Meet regularly with students 5x/week (Tuesdays from 7:30 am -9:30 am; Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 1 pm- 5 pm) from September through December and 3x/week from January through May to work with the musical and instrumental clubs (jazz club, jazz ensemble, orchestra)
- From September-December, come to full band/singing rehearsals during the school week (tech and dress rehearsals)
- Conduct the pit band and vocalists during the performances in December
- Conduct the pit band and vocalists during the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Spring
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references by email to Ms. Silvia Gerber, Secretary to the Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified applicants, when all their required documents are submitted, will be contacted regarding the next steps. Regis is an equal opportunity employer.
Regis High School transforms Catholic young men through an academically exceptional Jesuit education in a caring community which inspires leadership, generosity and a lifelong passion for service as Men for Others. Regis is tuition free and merit based, giving special consideration to families in need of financial assistance.
Regis is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)