Director of Human Resources
Reporting to the President of Regis High School and serving as a Leadership Team member, the Director of Human Resources
partners with school leaders to design and implement HR programs and policies.
Salary range: $100,000-$125,000
- Serves on the Leadership Team, which makes decisions on the most important and strategic issues facing the school.
- Serves ex-officio on the Enterprise Risk Committee of the Board of Trustees and maintains an independent relationship with the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees to ensure that the Board is independently advised of potential risks.
- Serves ex-officio on the DEI Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Advises the President, Principal, and administrative staff on Human Resources policies, procedures, talent, compensation, discipline, and terminations.
- Serves as a strategic advisor to school leaders on practices to strengthen work relationships, morale, performance, and retention.
- Develops and maintains consistent practices for identification, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees.
- Communicates policies and other HR-related information to employees.
- Works with supervisors to define and update roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborates with school leaders to assess organizational culture as well as team and management dynamics.
- Educates employees in 1:1 and group settings on employment issues (eg, benefits, leaves, problems with coworkers or supervisors, etc.)
- Handles all aspects of benefits enrollment and management; works with vendors / brokers on benefit plans; conducts annual financial and adequacy analyses to determine the best plans for both the school and its employees.
Education and Experience
- 4-year college degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years human resource management.
- Exercise superior discretion, judgment, and confidentiality.
- Work independently while managing competing situations and schedules.
- Communicate excellently.
- Cultivate trust with all employees.
- Negotiate interpersonal and group dynamics as well as conflicts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Organize one’s work and attend to many, often small details.
- Work with Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications.
- Position allows for some schedule flexibility, including partial work-from-home.
- All faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
April 15, 2022
Anticipated Start Date
June 1, 2022
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and a resume to Ms. Silvia Gerber at email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps.
Regis High School transforms Catholic young men through an academically exceptional Jesuit education in a caring community which inspires leadership, generosity and a lifelong passion for service as Men for Others. Regis is tuition free and merit based, giving special consideration to families in need of financial assistance.
Regis is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)