Annual Fund Director
Founded in 1914, Regis High School is the only tuition-free Catholic school in the United States. A successful Annual Fund is critical to the continuation of our mission. In fact, the Annual Fund covers 70% of Regis High School's annual operating budget.
The Annual Fund Director will be a marketing professional who takes ownership of that income stream: creating programs and program themes that will drive fund growth; thinking strategically about target audience segments and how best to reach them; and focusing on the importance of both donor retention and donor acquisition.
The position reports to the Director of Development and works in close collaboration with the directors of Alumni Affairs, Business Accounting, Communications, and Planned Giving.
- Direct the school's Annual Fund campaign from launch in the fall to its close on June 30th. Develop a cross platform strategy that targets the school's alumni, families, and friends. Draft an Annual Fund theme that brands the campaign each year. Oversee the execution of all campaign elements and tactical initiatives over the course of the year.
- Budget development, monitoring, and reporting: set budget goals for the Annual Fund and oversee monthly and quarterly progress reports on the Fund; monitor and report on outstanding capital campaign pledges.
- Ensure the timely acknowledgement of gifts as well as their proper recognition: supervising the work of the Database Manager to ensure that gifts are entered properly and reconciled with the Finance Department and acknowledged properly. Prepare annual reports and donor recognition and financial reports for the school's Annual Report.
- Organize and motivate Class Fund Chairs: ensure that each class has a chair and provide each chair with timely reports, encouragement, and tools he can use in soliciting gifts from classmates.
- Assist in organizing and attending Development Office events that foster in-person contact with donors. Assist the Parents Club in the roll out of the annual March Auction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a portfolio of donors for the solicitation of gifts.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years' experience in institutional fundraising, or comparable experience in the for profit sector
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong marketing & customer service orientation
- Exhibits attention to detail, excellent time management, and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and Raisers Edge, or comparable CRM systems
- Ability to establish rapport and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators and board members
- Comfortable engaging current and prospective donors individually and in group settings
- Supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school
- Works in collaboration with the administration in observing the principles and ideals for which Regis High School stands
- Adheres to the policies of Regis High School under the supervision of the Director of Development
Performs other related duties as directed
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to The Development Office at email@example.com
. Please indicate "Application for Director of the Annual Fund" in the subject line. Materials should be received no later than August 31, 2017. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps once all required documents have been submitted.
Regis is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)