Regis seeks a qualified candidate to join its faculty as a theology teacher in its Theology Department beginning August 29, 2017 for the Academic Year 2017-2018. This is a full-time faculty position with full benefits. Work hours may vary and will include some evenings and weekends for special school events. Salary is very competitive for the New York City area and is commensurate with experience. The 2017-2018 school year for faculty members ends on June 8, 2018.
- Be a Catholic
- Degree in Theology/Religious Studies
- Position may include teaching all levels from 9th to 12th grade including church history, scripture, and moral theology
- Experience working with adolescents
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Masters Degree in Theology/Religious Studies
- Successful teaching experience (high school or higher education)
- Familiarity with and understanding of practical uses of technology for instruction
- supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school;
- works in collaboration with the administration in observing the principles and ideals for which Regis High School stands and should conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner which shall not bring reproach upon himself/herself;
devotes energies to teaching in conformity with the policies of Regis High School and is subject at all times to the general control and supervision of the Principal;
- will perform services that include the preparation of examinations, the correction and assignment of grades, and assigned proctoring;
- responsible also for ongoing professional development, the customary conferences with students and parents, individual guidance of students, serving as an academic advisor with a student advisement group, direction of student extracurricular activities, service on faculty committees, active service in studying department and school issues, preparation of syllabi, attendance at events listed in the school’s Employee Handbook under “Faculty Staff Participation in Key Events,” attendance at faculty meetings, and participation in other such professional incidental services, in the judgment of the Principal, the needs of the school require;
- will take part in student religious retreats and/or Christian service projects as appropriate;
- will be generally available to the students in the Theology Department’s resource center through the school day when not teaching class; further, is to have one hour after school availability in the resource center weekly, according to a schedule coordinated by the Department Chair and subject to the approval of the Principal.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of three references by email to Ms. Donna Stefanizzi, Secretary to the Search Committee, at email@example.com
. Materials should be received no later than April 24, 2017. Qualified applicants, with all the required documents submitted, will be contacted regarding next steps. Regis is an equal opportunity employer.
Regis is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)